Composition of silica refractory mortar
Silica refractory mortar, a slurry of monolithic refractory material, is mainly made from silica powder, silica brick powder, clay, admixture and adhesive which are mixed within a certain particle ratio.
Silica refractory mortar is mainly applied in the masonry and repair of hot blast furnace, coke oven, glass furnace, acid melting furnace and other industrial furnaces constructed by silica brisks.
Application method of silica refractory mortar
Refractory mortar used for refractory bricks is adjusted and made from powdery refractory materials. It shall own abilities of good masonry performance and high temperature performance to bond refractory bricks into a dense integral furnace lining.
Masonry performance of slurry is that, in masonry process, refractory slurry is able to guarantee working performance of masonry quality, such as good liquidity and plasticity, and a certain performance of water retention, more specifically, it is capable of maintaining uniform state without segregation and precipitation, keeping appropriate consistency and viscidity in masonry process, and guaranteeing its certain humidity within the time of masoning bricks to achieve requirements of brick seam thickness and with full of mortar in brick seam.
The high-temperature performance of slurry is to ensure working performance of refractory bricks under high temperature. The main indexes are as follows:
(1) Sufficient refractoriness;
(2) Sufficient bonding strength to combine the masonry into a solid whole under working temperature;
(3) Smaller value of dry shrinkage and residual shrinkage at high temperature, and no crack expectantly occured in brick joints after using at high temperature;
(4) Small apparent porosity and permeability, good air tightness;
(5) The coefficient of thermal expansion is consistent with that of firebrick. Because working temperature and operating conditions of each part of blast furnace and its auxiliary equipment are different, different types and compositions of slurry should be selected for different masonry.
Similar chemical composition to refractory bricks shall be considered in selection of refractory mortar to make thermal expansion of slurry correspond to that of slurry-bonded refractory bricks and the masonry can be guaranteed and reliably bonded.
Good plasticity, convenient construction
High bonding strength, strong corrosion resistance
Good refractoriness under load
Physical and Chemical Indicators